Saturday, March 17, 2007

Collateral Damacy

It seems everyone and their mother is blogging these katamari damacy shirts, so instead of detailing them myself i thought i'd just let katamari creator/designer Keita Takahashi and desegner Ryo Kimura share their thoughts about the ones i consider the best in the series. IMO the ones with the more subtle katamari references are the better shirts of the bunch.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Castle by Keita Takahashi, $25, panic shirts
Keita: "I let my mind wander with this one. I wanted a romantic shirt, and as a result i thought the shirt turned out wonderful. Gold foil on black..I like this combination of georgeousness and romance. Also, it's a castle, and it's gold, so I really want hollywood celebrities to wear this shirt.. That sais, I'm fully expecting this shirt will turn out to be the most unpopular..To my regret."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Elephant by Keita Takahashi and Ryo Kimura, $25, panic shirts
Keita:"i wanted a shirt that expressed the magnidisence and coolness of animals. So, I enlisted Kimura to do the design. Because it is a Katamari Damacy shirt, we reluctantly added the small prince."
Kimura:"I thought about adding more wrinkles to the elephant, but I've never actually touched an elephant so I couldn't really reproduce the elephant's lines more accurately".

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Monogram Silver by by Keita Takahashi, $25, panic shirts
keita: "with a deadline looming, my ideas dried up a bit. This image popped into my mind, and now seemed like a good time to use the words "katamari damacy" on a shirt. About the colour: The gold on Castle turned out cool, and I've seen Japanese wrestlers wear silver glitter shirts that were cool, so we decidet to use shiny silver foil".

Get them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home